“The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.”
Remember this line from our all-time favorite Harry Potter? There are many lores about the wand to explore; for one, the wand picking its person is a combination of the wood and core and the personality of its holder—meaning, the wand is not a one-size-fits-all kind of instrument. It’s personalized—distinct to every wizard.
Similarly, our body functions the same way. How our body heals and maintains our health is different for each person - the concept of bio-individuality and biodiversity.
Heads up: You don’t need to box yourself in that same old method! There are multimodal approaches to health and healing that are available. All that awaits is for you to seek it out and try it. After all, the wand chooses the wizard.
In this episode, my friend KJ dropped by the pod to hang out with me and ask questions about my journey in the holistic health space, thoughts on biodiversity and the inspiration behind Go Play in the Dirt.
In this Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The balance between being in the “clouds” and going back to the “ground” and playing in the dirt
- Lauren's personal health journey & how she currently manages her autoimmune disease with diet and lifestyle
- The concept of using biodiversity to heal the body
- Resistance to feeling good vs. permission to feeling good
- Writing yourself a "Permission Slip"
- Lauren's top three priorities to staying healthy: movement, healthy eating, and meditation
- Examples of small, simple acts of self care
- The inspo behind Go Play in the Dirt
Go Share These Thoughts:
- The symptoms that your body shows you are clues… It's your body showing you something is off, and getting to the root cause of the issue is the goal. - Lauren Bryson
- That's when you notice that easy, magical flowing things happen—when you're locked into that stream of being fully present. - KJ Nasrul
- My whole identity doesn't have to be being someone with a chronic illness. There are moments of joy, and giving myself permission to feel good was real hard but it's possible. - Lauren Bryson
- We've talked about permission, and sometimes if we just give it new light, we might know more. So [permission] is this allowance, this acceptance of feeling good… It's all about perspective. And in some ways, labels and language around it, and changing the way that we assign evaluation around it. - KJ Nasrul
- I really like to emphasize small forms of self-care—small daily habits which can turn into life-long patterns. - Lauren Bryson
- Diversity is the way forward, and our society is not moving in that direction right now. - Lauren Bryson
Connect with Lauren:
The Go Play in the Dirt Podcast is for educational & entertainment purposes only and not intended to be medical advice. The Go Play in the Dirt Podcast is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of disease. If you have questions about a medical condition, please see your physician or other qualified health provider.